Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Just one day out of firefox extension

thank my lucky stars, my Firefox returns.

It must be my fault. Yesterday evening my laptop shut down for high temperature.Then this morning after I turned on it, surprisely I found it updates itself, but unfortunately all extensions and themes have gone without any trace. The bad news was that I could't even install them.Suddenly I felt all things got wrong or in another word so inconvenient and uncomfortable to me. I realized that what did all these extesion mean to me. That upset me all day.

After trying to fix it for severy hours, I gave up. The best way to recover myself is to get some sleep. In the afternoon, the battle was more severe. I even tried different editions of Firefox and kept uninstalling and installing. But all such strategies failed. Then I thought it might acount for virus or operation system. Finally I turned to Internet for help especially the home page of Mozilla Firefox. From techical articals to forum, all solutions have been used. But none of them were telling. Then I found one of the bug report was similar with mine problem. Then I found out that though I unintall the Firefox, there still remained the former settings and archives in system. It was entirely possible that while I crashed down, the saving files were not integrated and they impacted the latter one. After I deleted such files, I started Firefox. Later it generated the new ones, then it came back again and all familiar icons and toolbar came out.

The most important thing I learn from such event is that though such fixing course costs me half a day, I learned much details of software and system. And If you really trid to find out the answer of a problem and if you have enough patient, almost everything can be figured out. And also I must thank for all the experts in team of product supportors. They try their best to help users to settle down every problems in details. It reminds me the experts of Flickr. One day I gave them a letter about my problem about the compatibility of beta blogger with Flickr, and not for a long time, they connected with me and gave the promise to resolve it as quickly as possilble. Though I am not their professional user, they really showed the respect and responsibility. These must be the spirit of duty and that is why they are so successful.

No comments: